Google
 

adds

Friday, January 11, 2008

Cannot view hidden and system files

Hi everybody

I am new in this forum and also to world of computing/it stuff. I am having the following problem with my computer:

Problem 1

I want to view hidden and system files on the Windows XP SP2 and for this purpose I am going to Tools/Folder Options/View and removing tick from Hide Protected operating system files and checking Show hidden files and foldersoption. But the windows doesn't show me them anyway. I have checked once again view settings and noticed that the system automatically checks the Hide hidden files and folders option.

Reason

Go to the following registry
key:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

DELETE the value CheckedValue in the right window. (Its type should be REG_SZ and data should be 2.)

Now create a new DWORD value called CheckedValue (same as above, except that the type is REG_DWORD). Modify the value data to 1 (0x00000001).

This should let you change the "Hidden Files and Folders" option.Please report your results.

No comments: